Cocktail de Gambas


    This shrimp cocktail consists of finely chopped lettuce, boiled and salted shrimp, hearts of palm, and homemade cocktail sauce.  Additionally you can add some avocado, corn, crab, tomatoes, or capers.
 
Pin It
 
Here’s what you’ll need:

MATERIALS
-  Bowl to prepare cocktail sauce

-  Serving plate (in my case I used a cocktail glass)
 

INGREDIENTS
12 cooked and peeled shrimp (I use about 6 per person)

-  3 hearts of palm

-  1 cup of chopped fresh lettuce

-  4 cherry tomatoes (I used them to decorate)

-  2 tbsps. of capers
 

For the Cocktail Sauce:

-  2/3 cup of mayonnaise

-  2 tbsps. of ketchup sauce

-  1 tsp. of Brandy

-  ½ tsp. of ground black (or white) pepper




HOW TO PREPARE IT

1. Start preparing the cocktail sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, ketchup, Brandy, and ground pepper in a bowl and stirring it until it becomes a homogenous pink sauce. 
 
 

2. To assemble this tapa, I started with a tablespoon of cocktail sauce in the bottom of the glass.  I covered it with a bed of lettuce, arranged the hearts of palm (in slices) on top, and surrounded the trim of the glass with shrimp.  I poured the remaining cocktail sauce over and topped it with capers.  To finish it I added two tomatoes to decorate.



3. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment