Kumatoes with Marinated Mozzarella


   I got the inspiration for this tapa from a photograph I saw in a package of kumatoes, and since I had made my own Mozzarella cheese a couple of days earlier (thanks to my friend Katie G. who got me the cheese making set) I thought I might as well try it.  It turned out sooo good that I’ll for sure include it again on a tapas meal.

 
Pin It


    Making the cheese was a lot of fun and it only took about 1 hour.  The flavor beats any sort-bought cheese and is a fun thing to do with your couple or your kids on a Sunday afternoon.

    I added some basil to the cheese for extra flavor (I actually put it inside the cheese) and it came out really flavorful.  If you buy mozzarella from the store I would just add the basil to the marinade.
 

 

MATERIALS

-  Bowl to marinate mozzarella cheese

-  Serving plate

 
INGREDIENTS

-  2 kumatoes

-  1.5 cups of Mozzarella cheese (sliced)

-  ½ cup of Olive oil

-  3 tbsps. of Balsamic Vinegar

-  Basil
 

HOW TO PREPARE IT

1.  Start by slicing the cheese and set it in a bowl with the vinegar, olive oil, and basil.  Let it marinate there for about 30 to 45 minutes.
 

 

2.  To assemble this tapa, start by cutting the kumato stem and slicing it until you have 3-4 layers. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in between each layer and secure it all with a big toothpick.
3.  To serve the kumatoes, place them over a bed of greens, such as arugula or lettuce. Keep this tapa in the fridge until ready to serve.

 
Pin It
 

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment