Tartaletas Variadas


    These mini pies (or tartlets) are bite sized succulent presents for your mouth.  I had never prepared them at home before, but I have to say that even though I made way too many - 24 units for a dinner of 2 - I was very happy with the results and I will definitely make them again.  These tartlets are perfect for informal - or very crowded - dinners as well, where not everyone sits down and it’s easier to serve finger foods so people can snack while standing.
 

 

Pin It

    For this first time I decided to go with two fillings, a meat and a seafood one.  I used Serrano ham, goat cheese, and fig jam for the meat tartaletas.  For the seafood ones I went with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and chives.  Remember you can use the marinated salmon as a substitute if you have some at home!
 
 
Pin It
 
    I used Phyllo dough for the tartlets since that is what I had at home, but puff pastry would have been as good.  I, however, liked the feeling of the tens of layers of crunchy Phyllo breaking in my mouth on each bite!

Here’s what you’ll need:


MATERIALS

-  Mini muffin oven tray (I used a 24 pieces one)

-  Serving tray

-  Bowls to mix the mini pie fillings
 

INGREDIENTS

-  Phyllo dough

For meat tartlets

-  3 slices of Serrano Ham

-  Fig Jam

-  ½ cup Goat cheese
 

 

For seafood tartlets

-  2-3 oz of marinated salmon

-  4 oz of cream cheese

-  1 tbsp. of chopped Chives
 


 
HOW TO PREPARE IT

1.  Defrost Phyllo dough according to package directions.

2.  Start by mixing in a bowl the ingredients for the seafood filling; including the salmon, the chopped chives, and the cream cheese.  Stir until it becomes a homogeneous mix.

 
 

3.  Grease oven tray with cooking spray or butter.

4.  Cut up 2”x2” inch pieces of Phyllo (8-10 layers each) and place one piece over each spot on the mini muffin tray.
 

 
 
 

5.  Preheat oven according to Phyllo dough cooking directions.  About 350 Fahrenheit degrees.

6.  Assemble the seafood tartlets by distributing even amounts of the salmon mix on every tartlet.
 
 

7.  For the meat tartlets, spread a teaspoon of fig jam on each tartlet, add Serrano ham and top with a few goat cheese crumbles.
 
 
 

8.  Place tray inside oven and bake according to Phyllo dough directions, about 15 minutes.

 

9.  When they turn gold and crispy, set aside and let them cool before serving.

 
Pin It
 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment